Getting Started with Marketing
Step 1: Organize
Capture your initial thoughts by answering these questions:
- What needs to be accomplished?
- When does this effort need to be accomplished by?
- Who are we/I trying to reach?
- What information do we/I want to tell our prospects and customers?
- How have we successfully shared information in the past? What were unsuccessful efforts?
- What resources (time and money) are available for this effort?
Step 2: Evaluate
► skills needed to be successful:
- Strategy (identifying the “why” and establishing goals)
- Planning (creating the how)
- Messaging (key information to share with potential customers)
- Design (visual communication)
- Production (making the idea tangible)
- Programming (digital communication)
- Promotion/Distribution (getting the word out there)
► team members with the needed skills
► any missing skills
Step 3: Mobilize
Move forward OR partner with a creative team