Getting Started with Infographics
Step 1: Organize
Capture your initial thoughts by answering these questions:
- Why is an infographic needed?
- What data or information needs to be communicated?
- What resources (time and money) are available for this project?
- Who will be leading this project and/or serving as the primary contact?
- When is the infographic needed?
Step 2: Collect
Gather this information:
- Data and research
- Brand guidelines
- Domain registrar account credentials
Step 3: Evaluate
Consider the skills needed for a successful build:
- Strategy (identifying the “why” and establishing goals)
- Planning (creating the how)
- Messaging (key information to share with potential customers)
- Design (visual communication)
- Production (making the idea tangible)
- Promotion/Distribution (getting the word out there)
► Which are your team members’ have these skills?
► Which of the skills above are needed?
Step 4: Mobilize
Move forward OR partner with a creative team