Google is an incredibly useful tool. Not only has its very existence revolutionized the way we find and process information, but it also dictates how we market our businesses in the online realm. The search engine’s influence on our lives is undeniable and powerful.
It can also be pretty funny.
How many times have you entered the beginning of a question into the search field and seen an outrageous auto-complete suggestion appear before your eyes? Trying to figure out the kind of nail you need to hang your “Best Customer Service” award? Type in “what kind of” and you might see random suggestions such as “what kind of dog are you” or “what kind of cheese does Subway have.”
As hilarious as the Google searches are, what really boggles the mind is that enough people asked the same weird question that it reached auto-complete status as a common completion.
Purely for amusement, here’s a list of 10 Google searches that have everyone pondering the backstory behind the inquiry. We can’t make this stuff up, folks!
- What would a … chair look like if your knees bent the other way?
- I like to … tape my thumbs to my hand to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur.
- Why can’t … I own a Canadian?
- Sometimes I like to … lay on the floor and pretend I’m a carrot.
- Don’t you hate it when … your boogers freeze?
- What do you think of my … pillow?
- How many … times should you pee a day? (scatological queries are extremely popular)
- What isn’t the … sky purple?
- Where did the … diamonds leave your bones?
- How do I … join fight club?
If you want your business or organization name to show up higher on Google searches, you might need to revisit with your SEO. Just let us know if you need help.